Homosassa, FL asked in Foreclosure for Florida

Q: I have been named in my deceased mothers foreclosure case I have signed no documents for beneficiary or heir

What can i do to avoid this court case in Pasco county

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jennifer Isaksen
Jennifer Isaksen
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Bushnell, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I'm sorry for your loss. If you did not sign any Note or personal guaranty and you have no interest in retaining the property, you will not be affected by any judgment that is entered to foreclose, however, it is best that you file a response so that you keep informed of all activity as the case progresses. If you are to inherit the property and you want to keep the home, you will need to take other action to protect your rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.