Fullerton, CA asked in Civil Litigation for California

Q: How do I find if there have been any complaints filed against a company in either state or federal court ?

The company is called 'Currency Capital, LLC/' and I am only looking for legal complaints, not complaints with the BBB or another similar rating agency.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Vernon Charles Tucker
Vernon Charles Tucker
  • Simi Valley, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You could run a search on Public Access Court Electronic Records (PACER) to look for any Federal Lawsuits filed. As to the state court search you can log into a service like Westlaw and run a docket search or simply search the court you feel the lawsuit would be filed in like Los Angeles Superior Court and search by the party name.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.