Winona, MN asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Minnesota

Q: Who can you contact regarding no charges being filed against a sexual predator?

Mid twenty year old male who is labeled as a vulnerable adult sexually assaulted a 7 year old male child. The child confirmed this in an interview along with the predator admitting it happened along with his guardian admitting it happened. Also this is not the first time this predator has sexually assulted a child. In fact its the second time. The county attorney feels no charges will be pressed. As well as the predator will continue to live within a city block distance of the victim along with 7 other children in the area.

1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Rogers, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: The County Attorney for the county where the offense occurred makes any charging decisions about whether to move forward with charging the matter out. I am assuming that there must be some valid reason why he or she is choosing not charge the case.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.