Louisville, KY asked in Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Civil Litigation for Kentucky

Q: We was involved in a 6 vehicle wreck on Jello hill but I live in the state of Kentucky where do I need to file a claim

For injuries at.

1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Michael Russell
Adam Michael Russell
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Covington, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: The laws of the state where the crash occurred will control, and in most circumstances a court action would be initiated in that jurisdiction. An injury claim should first be filed with the at-fault party or parties insurance carriers. Multi-car crashes can be complicated. Do not speak with any insurance company or provide a statement without first speaking to an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.