Kennesaw, GA asked in Tax Law for Georgia

Q: I just received a notice saying I owe GA state taxes from 2012 , this is the first time I have heard from them.

They state I owe 212.00 plus penalty and interest. Is this a valid claim on their part ? I mean 6 yrs after filing then bam you owe this ? I have never owed Ga state taxes since I have lived here for 15 yrs.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chad Silver
Chad Silver pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: The only way to know is to have a Tax Attorney contact Georgia and conduct a State Tax Investigation. Please let me know if my firm can help: 855-900-1040. The statue of limitations for Georgia runs longer than the IRS.


Chad Silver Sliver Tax Group

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.