Waupaca, WI asked in Tax Law for Wisconsin

Q: Who do I contact to help me with a issue involving IRS And HR Block

For 2016 taxes my mother and I had HR Block do our taxes. They had my mother claim my daughter and I because I did not make enough. And they told us it would be a better income. We made sure we got all the extra coverage for if we got audited. Which we did. We all fought with the IRS trying to prove our case. The final thing they wanted was to prove my daughter lived with us the whole year. Which I sent Everything I could. And it was obvious that she did. Which she was one at the time. So how much proof do they expect someone to have. Well in the end we never did receive any money and now my mother received a letter from the IRS again she owes yet. HR Block said they were taking care of it with paying that. And I thought HR Block owes what they said we were getting initially

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Simmons Campbell
Linda Simmons Campbell
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Burlington, CT

A: I am not clear on your question. If you are asking if HR Block has to pay you the refund that they told your mother she was going to get, from what I am familiar with from some of my clients, that is not included in the audit coverage. You would need to read what they gave you to be sure.

If you are looking for guidance regarding the audit then you would need to call a tax attorney to discuss your case. Most of us offer a free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.