Tampa, FL asked in Probate for Florida

Q: Exhusband passed away. No will. Asked his 2 young children and me (exwife, current family). To live in it

House was to go to boys when they turn 21 and 4 years later the sister has cut us out of the entire process. The house is almost unlivable and I asked for her to give me the title so I can get a loan to fix the house so when it is given to 2 young boys they can live in it, she won’t. They are just now getting the paperwork done for probate and now the taxes went from 1500 to 4500.. she has decided to tell us we have 30 days to move out. Dec 23 or a sheriff will be at the door. So that is 3 kids, 2 are related to her. Throwing them out right before Christmas of their own fathers house? Is this possible?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Long H. Duong
Mr. Long H. Duong
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Gainesville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Are the kids minors? If so, she can’t throw them out assuming their father is the current title holder. Contact an attorney directly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.