Hialeah, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: florida law is it legal to coherse someone encompacitated to sign a document changing their will and get poa at same tim

All done at the same time days before their death in Vero Beach, Florida

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Eric J Dirga
Eric J Dirga
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If it can be shown that a Will or a Power of Attorney was signed by coercion or by a person not mentally competent, it should be disregarded. This decision is by a court and you have to raise this in that forum. Find a lawyer that practices estate planning for further guidance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.