Union, SC asked in Family Law for South Carolina

Q: I am the primary care giver to my eight biological children. Im concerned im being accused of neglect.

I have no source of income. No one to help me. My hisband has a violent temper. Afraid im being accused of neglect.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Cheryl Ann Truesdale

  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: If your are looking for help for yourself and your children to get out of an abusive situation, I suggest you contact one of the following organizations:

Safe Passage, inc. operates in York, Lancaster, Chester and Union Counties and can be reached at 800-659-0977 or through their website at www.safepassages.org

National Coalition Against Domestic Violence can be contacted at 800-799-7233 or through their website at www.ncadv.org and they can refer you to an organization in your area who can help you.

If you're looking for legal representation, S.C. Legal Services or the Pro Bono program of the S.C. Bar Association may be able to provide a lawyer. S.C. Legal Services can be reached at 888-346-5592 and the Pro Bono program can be reached at 800-395-3425.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.