Cut Off, LA asked in Criminal Law, Libel & Slander and Civil Litigation for Louisiana

Q: An ex employee that I fired in 2015, she made live video and topic was me.

I contacted her regarding the accusations. I told her I’d be putting a protective order on her. I wasn’t in town when I found out about video so when I returned I was served a protective that she put. Since that protective order she put on me she continues to post BS. What can I do ? Our court date is next week. She even posted to a lady she was gonna write her a letter about the whole situation. It’s the worst form of bullying and not to mention childish.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Save it all on a flash drive. Then hire an attorney to file for a permanent injunction against harassment and to fight her protective order. After saving on a flashdrive, contact each platform and ask them to remove her postings.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.