Olympia, WA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Real Estate Law for Washington

Q: Our Condominium Association is violating a WA State Appellate Court ruling. Who would I see to enforce the ruling?

New Condominium owner is being forced to pay for a new roof on the condominium he is buying. The Appellate Court ruled the Condominium cannot charge the owner for repairs to the Condo roof without an amendment to the Condominium Declaration. That has not happened yet. Do I have any recourse without hiring an attorney. I just won one case that cost me close to $31,000.00. Needless to say I am looking for free help. I realize I am probably asking for too much, but I will try. Thank You

1 Lawyer Answer

A: It depends on the terms of your HOA agreement, including the CCRs, as well as the facts surrounding the roof issue. You must first determine whether there is a breach of contract. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as myself. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website, www.AliEsq.com. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, WA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.