Saint Johns, FL asked in Workers' Compensation for Florida

Q: In a Florida I was injured at work and the doctor put me in light duty and that was not given. I was taking my pain meds

and Drive was arrested for a DUI and consequently fired as a no show. I am unable to get another job due to still no release from the doctor and this is 9 months later. Am I entitled to WC compensation due to not being able to get a job.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mitchell Feldman
Mitchell Feldman
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Licensed in Florida

A: First I will tell you it’s contrary to your best interest to not have representation in this Worker’s Compensation claim. So my purse recommendation for you is to obtain an attorney. Attorney will fight for you and your rights under Worker’s Compensation law to get the benefits you were entitled to against the employer and the carrier. And attorney like myself and others will be able to determine if the employer has violated any laws associated with your workers compensation claim. If you employer does not have light duty and you were on restrictions and have not reached mmi then you should be paid Disability wages from the Worker’s Compensation insurance carrier. The company does not have a legal requirement to offer you like duty but to the extent they could accommodate you certain employers may have a duty to engage you in a discussion or interactive discussion over the work restrictions and whether your job can be accommodated under the a D a. Consult a lawyer obtain assistance protect your rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.