Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Gregory C. Maaswinkel
2 Answers | Asked in Admiralty / Maritime, Legal Malpractice, Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: My injury case was settled but I never got my money part (maritime). I want to make a new case for Malpractice.

My injury case was onboard a cruise line ship and this case is on Brevard County Court.

For the new case I want to have for Malpractice occurred in Lantana, Lake Worth.

Gregory C. Maaswinkel
Gregory C. Maaswinkel answered on Apr 20, 2021

There may be many reasons why you may not have received your settlement money including liens against the settlement money that still need to be resolved. Assuming there are no liens to be paid from the settlement money and that the settlement check was already received by your attorney and that... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: Can I still file a civil suit after an administrative hearing?
Gregory C. Maaswinkel
Gregory C. Maaswinkel answered on Apr 19, 2021

I would need to know a lot more facts to be able to answer your question. For example, what was the administrative hearing about and who were the parties involved? Who do you want to file a civil suit against and for what reason?

5 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: Can I file a lawsuit against the company who's driver rear-ended the car that rear-ended me?

I was rear-ended in my car at a stop light last week. Neck and lower back are still bothering me. The car behind me was rear-end much worse by the semi-truck that hit them. I am in Florida

Gregory C. Maaswinkel
Gregory C. Maaswinkel answered on Apr 15, 2021

Yes. You can file a lawsuit against both the driver and the trucking company. There may also be other defendants.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.