Reseda, CA asked in Uncategorized for California

Q: I wanted to know what do you recommend to do?

Okay there’s a story to my question, recently I lost my brother but before he passed away he had a surgery if there’s a way to prove due to the surgery he lost his life could there be a chance to take the hospital to court. After the surgery his health worsened and the hospital instead of checking if anything was wrong they released him “ for no medical “ and days die and my brother continuously told them he didn’t feel well enough to leave or didn’t feel well and they basically ignored him . What can you recommend my family to do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Tim Akpinar


A: I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. Consult with a California attorney; you should be able to locate one who gives free consultations. Based on the limited facts, it's difficult to say whether the actions (or omissions of actions) on the part of the hospital/other medical providers were responsible here. But an experienced attorney who reviews the medical records should be able to make a more meaningful assessment of the situation.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.