Louisville, KY asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI, Appeals / Appellate Law and Legal Malpractice for Kentucky

Q: My publoc defender made me pead guilty to DUI at my jurytrail because I showed up late said I'd do 90 days no bond

I have narcolepsy and it makes me drowsy when I drive I was having a attack when officer arrested me can I have case reheard?

2 Lawyer Answers
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You can make a motion to set aside your plea. It is up to the court as to whether to rehear it or not.

Daniel P Leavitt
Daniel P Leavitt pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Midlothian, VA

A: I would think you will have a tough time getting that reheard but it will be up to the judge. I practice in front of judges who are good about putting everything on the record to make sure the plea of guilty is entered freely and voluntarily and without coercion but the decision will be up to the judge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.