Katy, TX asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: If My ex spouse has one of our kids and I have the other, how is child support determined

He has had full custody of both kids and receiving designated support since the divorce. One of my children now resides with me full time with no change to original documents. If we go back to court How would child support be determined?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Child support would be modified and the difference in what you are required to pay and what the other parent is required to pay would examined. You would also need to determine the number of years support is going to be required for each child individually in the future after one of them emancipates. We can be reached at 888-3434LAW or 888-343-4529.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.