Asked in Divorce for Puerto Rico

Q: Husband wants to file irreconcilable, 3 properties involved septd. 13yrs, wants properties in US, specify rights

husband lives in Florida, properties in NJ and FLA, PR, married over 21 yrs. husband filing irreconcilable wants USA properties. my rights?. I live in PR. I have no significant income to pay lawyer. left me because I am in PR caring for parents with dementia, cannot leave them. lives with other woman.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Happy holidays and thank you for using JUSTIA. Local law under this filing does not divide marital property thus a seperate claim has to be filed. You should consult an attorney and file divorce for infidelity. You have full rights to 50% of all marital goods. You also have the right to request monthly payments as a spouse for you daily living. This is known as "Pension ex-conyuge".

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.