Passaic, NJ asked in Criminal Law for New Jersey

Q: My husband is being falsely accused of a serious crime there’s evidence ruling his innocence.when will he be released

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Leon Matchin

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Milltown, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: If he already had a detention hearing and Judge kept him you'll need an attorney to file a new hearing request. If the court still keeps him in jail then he'll be there until the trial and if acquitted he'll leave.

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Depends on the status of the case at this point. He may not be released until trial unless you file a motion or have a lawyer argue for him at a detention hearing of which he gets two an initial hearing upon his jailing generally within 24 hours and a second hearing within 5 days generally. Unfortunately many inmates have evidence showing their innocence, the question is does it negate sufficiently all of the evidence the state has showing his guilt.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.