Bayonne, NJ asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for New Jersey

Q: i no longer wish to go to drug therapy ordered by my dyfs worker. the only finding is my positive marijuana test.

i have been going for substance abuse treatment for 3 month and have been compliant. i still test positive for marijuana and i stopped going to treatment for two weeks, now my substance abuse treatment center is closing my patient case as non compliant. how can i fight this and stop having to go to treatment as it is taking away a lot of quality time from being with my child?

2 Lawyer Answers

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Best way to fight any legal battle is with an experienced Attorney, however drug testing and therapy is common for these types of cases and you would have to prove how it would effect you differently and in a more adverse way than others that are assigned the same treatment.

1 user found this answer helpful

Leon Matchin

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Milltown, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You should get a medical marijuana card asap.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.