Fort Worth, TX asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: I pay cs to my ex for our daughter. N she's keeping our daughter away from me CS gets taken out of my check

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Victoria Collins

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Your obligation to pay child support is not contingent on whether or not you are allowed visitation with your child and vice-versa. You are entitled to see your child, so you want to see a lawyer who practices family law who can help you enforce your visitation rights.

Rahlita D. Thornton

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You should absolutely assert your rights to see your child. Sadly, you'll have to pay an attorney to do so. These attorney fees can be requested in your case if you are able to show that she violated the order for visitation. We handle these assertions by parents often. Let us know if we can help. 888-343-4529 or 888-3434LAW.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.