Channelview, TX asked in Child Support for Texas

Q: I been paying my child support but it hasn't been motified in 10 years so now im worried i could owe back child support

Ive never been behind or late on my support but i been trying to take the mother to court to enforce visitations but im worried they will tell me i have to pay back child support because the original order was made back in 2008 and hasn’t been motified since then and i do make more money now.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Rahlita D. Thornton

  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Don't let that bother you. If the order has not been modified by the court then they can't go back and say you owe more than previously ordered. Go ahead and fight for your visitation rights. We can assist as well 888-3434LAW or 888-343-4529.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.