Chicago, IL asked in Real Estate Law for New Hampshire

Q: I have a person that is not on any lease agreement, as he did not want to sign it with his GF. and the lease has been di

Person is not on lease, did not sign the lease and left items in garage bay of lease holder. lease holder has moved away and taken her property. She has confirmed that she has no more property in the garage bay. What can I do to regain the garage back for re-lease to someone else. What do I have to do with his property as he has no contract with me? I have looked at Section 451 and there is no vehicle, only tools and other items. after 7 days I changed the garage lock and this is considered a self-service storage garage bay.

So I have to add that both were never a tenant as living in any apartment or other on or in the property. They, and I mean She, only rented the garage bay from me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
  • Manchester, NH
  • Licensed in New Hampshire

A: He may not have a lease but he did live there and was most likely considered a tenant, read the statute again, I believe you have to store his things for at least 28 days, better to be safe than sorry. You should also try and contact him through any means available to you, try facebook, phone numbers, email addresses or whatever you have, to make contact with him and let him know his thing are going to be relocated or thrown out. Protect yourself from any litigation. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.