Asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: What can i do if my dad stop sending me child support?

I am 19 years old and i am in collage. My parents are divorce and my mom has costudy. My dad and i agree that he would pay to me 350$ of child support. When he knew i started living with my boyfriend he stopped sending the child support because he claims that he does not have to do it because i live with my boyfriend. Is this true? Can i do something about it?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Terrence H Thorgaard

  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: No, you can't, directly, do anything about it. Child support is payable to the custodial parent. If your mother is not getting the child support that your father should be paying, she has remedies.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.