Greensburg, PA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Can I get charged for anything for this?

Hello, I was in walmart with a few friends, im 16 and there was a kid running around, He was around 12 and I danced and said “ooga booga” he then said “f*ck you” and I then said it back laughing it off and just talked back and forth for about 10 seconds, I then walked away and so did he, we kept walking and we saw him again, he gave us the middle finger and then walked in a display and we laughed it off and as we were walking out his mom was screaming at us and calling us “retards” and cussing us out, she then proceeded to follow us and take pictures of us and our license plate and followed us too the next light and drove away, is there anything I did wrong that I can get in legal trouble for, I never had intent of harassing anyone and never followed him for more than 2 seconds when I said ooga booga then turned around, thanks!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven Pacillio
Steven Pacillio
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Unfortunately, you never know what the kid or the mom might tell the police (if they even called the police). Fortunately, Walmart stores generally have good video surveillance systems. If you are contacted by the police you should immediately contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area to represent you during your interaction with the police. An experienced defense attorney will also know how to contact Walmart to preserve the video footage of the interaction which would be instrumental in proving what happened.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.