Portland, OR asked in DUI / DWI for Oregon

Q: Court entered judgement for DUII including fine and license suspension. Can it change the conviction to make it harsher?

The fine listed in the conviction is less than it should have been according to BAC guidelines. The court is also attempting to invoke lifetime revocation of driving privileges based on inaccurate interpretation by prosecution of previous DUI's. Is it legal for the court to go back and change the judgement of conviction once it has already ben entered?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven McNicholl
Steven McNicholl
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer

A: Generally no, when the court enters the terms of the plea agreement into the system, it becomes permanent. There are always exception to the rules, an attorney can go through your specific facts to determine if an exception applies.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.