Garland, TX asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Louisiana

Q: How can I get custody of my kids when the mom has not had them in almost two years bc her addiction to drugs?

I want custody of my kids bc I find the mom is unfit to take care of them. An what makes me really mad is now the state is taking child support out my check an me an my girlfriend has been taking care of them since March 3 2018. They are ages 10 an 12 an they do not want to go back with her bc she has done alot of stuff emotionally to hurt them. She had abandoned them in Oklahoma for a couple days shy from 6 months once I found out I got them immediately she wasnt even suppose to go out the state without me knowing. Once I got them she went back to Oklahoma in my opinion she just didnt want them bc she said she couldn't find a ride to get them but as soon as I got them she went back to Oklahoma. It's getting to the point my girlfriend almost cant pay her Bills bc she is not allowed to get any kind out help from the state for them an since they are taking child support out my check the mommy of my kids is getting more money from my check then I am getting so I cant help pay the bills

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Ellen Cronin Badeaux

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Hire a custody attorney to seek custody and termination of child support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.