Anoka, MN asked in Juvenile Law for Minnesota

Q: My boyfriend ia 17, and had a warrant out for his arrest. He got picked up and sent to JDC. How long is it going to be?

-JDC in Ramsey County, MN

- its been 4 days so far

- this isnt his first offense

-He was on probation

How long is it going to be? (Meaning, when will I see him again? Will I be able to talk to him soon?)

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: No one could answer that question with the given information. People held for probation violations tend to be locked up longer, than those who only are facing a new charge. Contact the jail to see if they allow visiting hours for juveniles. If he was charged with a felony at age 16 or older, his record is public. That would mean you could check with the court for his next court date.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.