Asked in Bankruptcy for Florida

Q: What is a motion of relief, from an order dismissing a bankruptcy case and where can I find the fourm to file it?

I filed for bankruptcy and the case got dismissed because I didnt include a summary of assets. But the notice I got saying the case was dismissed said I have 14 days to "file a motion for relief from this order". I've searched all over the internet and can not find the form for a motion of relief so I can file it.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

John Martin Hilla

  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Farmington Hills, MI

A: It sounds like you filed your bankruptcy without the assistance of an attorney. This is the sort of dismissal that is easily avoided by retaining an experienced bankruptcy attorney to assist you from the get-go. I would consult a bankruptcy attorney in your area now, before that deadline expires.

Timothy Denison

  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Consult a local bankruptcy attorney to file it for you and get the case reinstated before your 14 days are up.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.