Wooton, KY asked in Family Law for Kentucky

Q: Seeking grandparent visitation

Grandchild lives with paternal grandmother placed by DCBS and permanency was done. I've been getting her for most part every other weekend since May. Every time I don't do things the. Way the other grandmother wants she stops contact. In December I helped child's mom get into in pt treatment. We went to court and the case was reopened which means at some time my daughter can get her back. This angered grandmother and agin visits stopped. I consulted attorney but live on disability. Was nurse for 20 plus yrs but now have multiple health issues. Just over limit to qualify for legal aide. Thought about taking chance and trying it myself. Don't want my grand baby to think I quit on her she has enough people absent in her life and that is what she'd be told. Trying to get as much info as I can. St law pretty clear we've had ongoing relationship and visit were clearly stopped out of vindictiveness.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Timothy Denison

  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Most DNA courts will appoint you counsel if you cannot afford it. If they’re going to tie your visitation to their pleasure or displeasure, you really have nothing to lose by going back to court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.