Philadelphia, PA asked in Criminal Law for New Jersey

Q: Motions/attorneys

Hello,I'd like to know can I file a "Marsden motion"in nj courts?.Also,I recently had a suppression hearing that didn't go in my favor due to ineffective assistance of counsel. I want to hire another attorney, and would like to know would that be wise at this stage?,I believe with another attorney that's willing to work & do his job,I will have a better outcome... Please,share your thoughts & opinion .

Thank you

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: It's always expensive to get another lawyer up to speed to get a good result. It's all about time and time is money.

Leon Matchin agrees with this answer

Leon Matchin

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Milltown, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Once suppression motion is over then comes the resolution of the case. After that you should appeal instead of PCR bc you get 45 for an appeal and 5 years of PCR. If the appeal fails then do PCR. At this point of the case you'll likely need the court's permission to switch attorneys.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.