West Memphis, AR asked in Personal Injury for Arkansas

Q: how do I get my doctor bills and pain and suffering from someone who broke into my house and attacked me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: People that do that type of thing tend to be poor or not have assets. Short answer is you can sue him,but that won't get you anything but a piece of paper. You want to get with the DA's victim assistance coordinator, and ask that restitution be part of any sentence. As far as the doctor bills, if you had homeowners, see if that will cover them. If not see if your state has a program for crime victim assistance. For the trauma I also suggest you conatct a counselor who does EMDR. Google: Psychology Today counselor EMDR _________________(name of nearest town).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.