Berkeley, CA asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: Where can I find records of a judge’s decisions and when he has worked with previously?

This judge has deliberately sabotage my hearings and left notes to trial judge to limit the questions i can bring up during trial.

This judge has lied and helped the defense to force me to settle. He sided with the defense at the expedited hearing and said I’m not receiving ttd benefits because sdi replaced it and I would have double benefits.

I asked for the difference since sdi is 55% of aww and ttd is 66%. I wanted the carrier to put the rest in sdi so I can use it later. He said he’s never heard of that and that’s not how it works.

He left the room briefly and told me I can get the difference but only if I settle. He made all the arguments for the defense but I never saw the defense give him any information on my case.

He continued the hearing because of my qme appt and told me if the qme says ttd then he will award ttd. The report says ttd and he ignored it at msc. He said only s trial judge makes those decisions. I have to remove him or I will lose trial.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Ronald Mahurin

  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Point Arena, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You will never succeed by calling the WCJ a liar. You are setting yourself up for a hard fall. The only time there is a record of what the WCJ says is when there is a court reporter transcribing what occurs in the courtroom. Otherwise, the only record is the minutes of hearing, which you probably received at the hearings you attended. The MSC judge can make suggestions to the trial judge about limiting your presentation, but the trial judge has the final say. So even if the judge makes "notes" that are not in your favor, you can address the issues with the trial judge.

I strongly suggest you seek representation before trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.