Tulsa, OK asked in Divorce for Oklahoma

Q: How do I file contempt of court against ex-wife for required payments and against Lane Bryant (Comenity Bank)???

Divorce requires that ex-wife make these payments. Because the account is in my name, every time she misses a payment, my credit rating gets trashed. Lane Bryant refuses to change the account to her name. So I would like to file charges against both the ex-wife and Comenity Bank.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Pete David Louden

  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Your action would be against your ex

not the bank. You can file contempt against your ex if she has willfully violated an order if the court. If found guilty she can be ordered to pay your attorney fees and in some extreme cases even be sentenced to jail.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.