Lutherville Timonium, MD asked in Bankruptcy for Maryland

Q: To Timothy Denison: Thanks for your reply. If I wait until I get to Florida to file bankruptcy:

• How do I prove residency to show

the 180 days?

•. If they sue me during the non-

Payment period, what legal action

can they take against me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Apply for a Florida license as soon as you get there. Issue date is proof. Same with utilities. Establish as soon as you get there. You have to certify on your petition under penalty of perjury that it’s true. If and when they get a judgment, they can garnish your wages and attach your real or personal property.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.