Jackson, MI asked in Traffic Tickets and Civil Litigation for Michigan

Q: I need to take care of a 14 year old traffic for driving on suspended license what's my options

1 Lawyer Answer
Frank B. Ford
Frank B. Ford
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Dearborn Heights, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Contact the court to see if there is a warrant for your arrest. If so, find out what the amount of the bond is. You would normally then have to go to the police department, but sometimes directly to the court, to turn yourself in on the warrant and post the bond, and get the charge set for a Pre-trial. Make sure that all the issues that are or were keeping you from having a valid license are taken care of, if possible. It is a very good idea to have an attorney helping you with this type of situation. For one thing, what happens on that case may affect your driving privileges now, all these years later. An attorney who handles a lot of traffic cases and driver's license issues will be able to look at your driving record and make good predictions as to your options and the consequences to your license as a result of the various options, and might be able to get the charges dismissed or modified so as not to affect your driving privileges. Sincerely, Frank B. Ford

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.