Asked in DUI / DWI and Small Claims for California

Q: Can I sue for defamation of being accused of DUI when I was pulled over and never charged

I was accused by my brother for hitting his car with my truck and driving drunk. I was pulled over but never found to be drunk. Cops responded to my brothers home and they found that I didn't hit his car. I want to sue for defamation. Do I have grounds to do so?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed but anyone can sue for anything at any time.

the question is will you win and do you want to spend the money on an attorney billing you hourly for their work.

my suggestion is save your money..

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.