Flemington, NJ asked in Real Estate Law for New Jersey

Q: My father is trying to kick me out of my home. I’ve lived with my parents my whole life. I have done nothing malicious

I have done nothing malicious. I am 23 and on college. I am pregnant and my father is threatening if I don’t terminate the pregnancy he will kick me out of the house. I told him he needs written notice of eviction. Of course he then attempted to write it on a piece of paper which of course proves nothing. I am looking for legal help to potentially sue my father as I have no form of Income to afford a place to live, as well as his infringement on my human rights. I’m also looking to sue for emotional distress as I have suffered emotional abuse from both my parents my entire life.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Your parents do not have to provide you with a home indefinitely. Your actions in getting pregnant without any financial support from the child's father is irresponsible on your part. There is no legal basis that I am aware of that would enable you to sue your father. Why are you staying at home, when you should be with the father of your child, who should be supporting you and providing medical and financial support for you and the child? You have your priorities all wrong. You are not willing to take any responsibility for your actions, but seek to blame others for your problems. Your reality check is coming! Sorry to be harsh and blunt, but you did this to yourself.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.