Flora, MS asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Mississippi

Q: I was convicted in 2006 for felony dui... what steps do I have to take to file for a certificate of rehabilitation in Ms

I have not had any tickets or convicted of anything since then. I'm disabled amputation of arm and I live by myself on the main highway. I need a way to protect myself if needed to

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: You need to get with an attorney to file the necessary petition with the relevant court, and have that attorney follow-up with the order certifying rehabilitation. Feel free to reach out to any attorney on here. Most lawyers, including myself, can provide a free consultation to guide you in the right direction and see how we can help out. The process itself, is rather straightforward, and fairly inexpensive.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.