Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Colorado

Q: Hello, My ex has filed a motion to modify parenting time, how do I respond please? Thank you!

My ex filed this in response to me enforcing a child support order

2 Lawyer Answers

Courtney Edwards

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Edwards, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: There is a general response form that the Courts have available online, see JDF 1315 (google "colorado jdf domestic forms"). You'll need to fill it out, file it with the court, and give a copy to your ex. Also see JDF 11031I- that is the instruction sheet on how to file a response.

I would suggest at a minimum consulting with an attorney who can walk you through the process if you are unsure of what to do or expect.

Brynne Gant agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Brynne Gant

  • Greeley, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: To respond to a motion to modify parenting time, you can use the Colorado Court forms (form number JDF 1315) found at Be aware that you must file your response WITHIN 21 DAYS of the date you received your ex's motion, or you risk his request being granted without your response.

Reach out to a family law attorney for more information or help with filing the response.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.