Tupelo, MS asked in Family Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Civil Rights for Mississippi

Q: What are my options agianst a teacher for bullying my child an nothing being done about it

My school district has a huge problem with bullies (students an teachers). Nothing is ever done about it. Most recently a teacher made my son (10 years old) stand up an she told the class that he had a mental disorder an a bad anger issue. My son being upset sit back down an was crying. This is out of character for him because hes not sentive. He does however have ADHD an takes medication for it. As he is crying the teacher walks to his desk an says " awww your going to cry now? Quit acting like your 2 years old your in the fourth grade!" Several students witnessed this an told me the same thing. The following day the same teacher told him if she had a "switch" (I guess she is talking about a limb from a tree) that she could solve his problem. I have made two visits to the Superintendent an reported this an the only answers I can get is they are investigating it. It has gotten so bad that other parents started a group about this an we are trying to figure out how to deal with this.

1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: This is horrible! Feel free to reach out to any attorney on here by clicking the contact information next to their name. That being said, because you are talking about a school, there are some very strict rules that you need to following order to preserve any claim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.