Spartanburg, SC asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee

Q: My dad got arrested for PD but they arrested him inside his home and no proof of him outside. And he's on parole.

He was in his own home not bothering anyone. Cop showed up knocked on the door and arrested him inside his home.. The arresting officer was involved in my boyfriends child custody case last year I've been told that him being arrested in his home is illegal

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Your Father being on Parole could be a huge problem. It is possible someone set him up to violate his Parole. He should immediately hire a lawyer to contest the Public Intoxication charge. Hopefully he has not already plead Guilty, as is often the case on PD. Such a conviction could be devastating, but he might not be violated completely. Again hire a competent attorney now. Also many legal arrests are made within one's home.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.