Mountain View, CA asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Traffic Tickets for California

Q: Is there an ADIS-equivalent class here in California?

I had a DUI reduced to Reckless Driving in Washington back in 2015. The court has released my license since then, but the state of WA demands that I get this class done if I want my license again in California.

I'd really like to drive for myself again but I have no way of getting to Washington at this time. If I can find anything in California that I can do, I'll do it right away.

Thanks for your time.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

however, you have to look to what Washington demands.

we are doing the same thing with a Calif DUI with a client living in Hawaii.

the best thing is to check with a company that handles it in your state and see if they can refer to someone.

a class is often ok for the court but not for our DMV.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.