Asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: Emergency, Divorce in Tarrant County

Im PR in DFW area traveling for humanitarian work and got detained overseas. My wife want divorce and use this situation to keep 100% of community property. Questions:

1) can she divorce me without my presence or even knlwledge?

2) can we get divorce remotly?

3) what can i do to secire of my part of community property, specially part of house value ?

4) can you help find hell who can assist with such divorce ?

Thank you!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Victoria Collins
Victoria Collins
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Your wife can obtain a divorce, but you must be served with the petition and given approximately 20 days to answer, presenting your concerns . You will need representation in the county your wife files in.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.