Ardmore, TN asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence and Family Law for Alabama

Q: My mom is 70 my brother lives with her in Alabama he is emotionally and physically abusive to her.

She has called Madison county sheriff's, they refuse to take him to jail.There is children in the home my mother has custody of a 5 year old and 2 year old. My brother is on that crystal meth and he is in a pain clinic as well he has his son pee in a cup when he goes also they sell there sons adderall for adhd. He has pushed my mother to the floor he steals my mother's money and her phones he disconnects her house phone he steals and sells EVERYTHING he can get from her.what can she do fast she is REALLY in fear of him and his GIRLFRIEND. Especially with the 2 kids she has.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kristine Jones
Kristine Jones
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Hello, you should seek an elder law attorney immediately. If true, this may be elder abuse and there is an order of protection that a court can order. Please contact an attorney in north Alabama to help you help your mother. Best of luck to you and your family.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.