Big Rapids, MI asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Michigan

Q: help me get the checks I received for my parents into my name

I received checks one for xxx and xxx I am their daughter and am the one that is entitledto these checks. I was wondering what I have to do so I can get them into my name and cash them.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn
  • Patents Lawyer
  • Pittsboro, NC

A: I do not see this as a patent question. I am not sure whether you have a contract issue or a trust and estate/wills issue. You need to review the reason why the checks should be made out in your name and then select an appropriate area of law within Justia. Right now, your question is going out to patent attorneys like me who do not see a relevance to patent law.

I hope this helps you redirect your question to attorneys that can help you as you selected Patents not P a r e n t s.

Kevin E Flynn

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.