Zanesville, OH asked in Child Custody for Ohio

Q: I have full custody of my son but his grandparents get him every other weekend I want to move to Florida

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Joseph Jaap

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Your custody order or the local court rules probably require you to file a notice of intent to relocate with the court that has jurisdiction of the custody. The court then notifies the grandparents, and there can be a court hearing. The court will then review all the facts and determine any changes to the custody order, and could require that your son continue to see the grandparents, which would effectively make it impossible for you to move. Use the Find a Lawyer tab and retain a local family law attorney to advise you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.