Rosemead, CA asked in Criminal Law, Elder Law and Probate for California

Q: My father died in 2007 had no will. My sister is excutor of rhe estate. The court ordee for approval of final distributo

The final distribution order was the last item recorded at the recorders office its 11 years later probate was never closed and my sister trickeded my into quit claims and is now100 percent owner and i never signed iover .my shares

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Samuel Price
Richard Samuel Price
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: What was distributed according to the order for final distribution? If it was real estate, then recording the order transferred the property to you. Was the estate solvent? If it was insolvent, then there wouldn't be any property to distribute to the heirs. There are a lot more questions that are left unanswered. Did you sign a quitclaim deed transferring your interest in the property to your sister? You should bring the order for final distribution and quitclaim deed to a local attorney to review for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.