Keaau, HI asked in Family Law for Hawaii

Q: Will a case be open if I don't give u.a.???? Does CPS really overlook THC?????

10 false accusations called in my baby daddy i.e. I beat, scream, leave my child alone, been diagnosed w/mental illness, manufacture drugs, am on heroin, meth, and weed.

My house was clean, my child's art work decorates my walls, my child is happy and healthy. Other than 2 cigarettes and a lighter just outside my back door we were (are) picture perfect! Case worker 1st: told me anonymous call was from baby daddy! Told me she had "0 concern for anything, but needed me to take a u.a." simply because she was going down the list of accusations called in by him. She told me a positive for THC would be over looked (I did NOT tell her I smoked but one of his accusations was I grew weed and made things with it). I've put off this ua with a list of stupid excuses. She has NOT opened any case on me-but I've been told I will be called sometime unexpectedly this week (it's almost been 2 weeks!) to give a ua now that she's back from some conference.

Does this sound screwy?? It feels screwy!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robin R. Gregory
Robin R. Gregory
  • Rapid City, SD
  • Licensed in Hawaii

A: I suggest you get an attorney and don't do anything until you speak confidentially, with your attorney. It is illegal to smoke or otherwise ingest marijuana in the State of Hawai'i, unless you have a prescription and it is illegal in the United States. I don't know why CPS would "over look" illegal drug use in an investigation. Normally, if CPS suspects you of illegal drug use, they will open a case. Once you give a UA, you cannot take it back. Get an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.