Hayward, CA asked in Probate for California

Q: probate/i believe the roommate committed fraud/the decease was n the hospital n a coma/he woke up but never the same.

the roommate first passed herself off as the wife/then fiancee n the "will" says, long time friend, if u consider/3 years long time. the "will" reads: the undersigned, each being present at the same time, witnessed the signing of this instrument by James Gonzales/at the time James g. appeared to us to be if sound mind n memory, etc. but this us a lie, they did not witness James signing anything bc the signature was written by nana Cruz. and says by nana cruz. these people are so stupied, the have his name and signature spelled wrong. James knew the correct spelling of his name n if he forgot and did sign his name wrong, would that be if sound mind? James had no immediate family n the roommate is trying to take advantage/she is listed as beneficiary along w/her ex-husband n their daughters/James had no money/there was a family residence that sold n Dec, when James was n the hospital n they think they can get that money but the brothers widower n ex wife have that money. thanku

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Richard Samuel Price

  • Probate Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It sounds like there are some serious issues with the validity of the will. You should file a will contest and a petition in probate for an intestate estate. You should hire a local attorney to represent you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.