Philadelphia, PA asked in Consumer Law and Real Estate Law for New Jersey

Q: We paid 3000 to move into home asked for CO was never provided now we find home wasn't inspected. What can we do? Sue?

We asked via text so there is documentation of several requests. Now landlord doesn't want to rent to us she says because we are asking her to repair too many things. She has stated she's not putting anymore money in the house (hence the reason there is no CO because failed inspection was probably costly)We have given notice to current landlord and there are 2 children involved. What recourse do we have? We've spent over $1200 for items for this house and got rid of items we wouldn't need in new home hired people to clean out garage and do yard work all in anticipation of moving in next week... We are angry heartbroken and deceived! What can we do? This is a NJ property and rent is $1400 per month plus water and utilities!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You can retain a litigation attorney to file suit against the landlord. An in person consultation and document review is necessary to obtain proper legal advice. Depending on the specific town the apartment is located in there may also be additional remedies available to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.